March 21, 2009

Welcome to The WoofGang

The idea for this dog blog came to me (Jane) early Saturday morning, as I wrangled two eager canines out to our fenced yard to do their business. As they sniffed and circled, searching for just the right spot, I dashed into our laundry room to fill their food bowls, knowing that within minutes two expectant faces would be staring at me from the sliding glass door. I needed to prepare for the feeding frenzy to come. And feeding frenzy's a great way to describe it.

That's because
four weeks ago, my husband, Rich, and I added a new member to our gang of three, which includes our two-year-old black Labrador retriever Boomer. We'd decided Boomer needed canine companionship, and my birthday was rapidly approaching. Because Rich couldn't think of any present to give me except the gift of a lovable yellow Lab girl pup, Daisy entered our lives at eight weeks of age, and now things in our household will never be the same.

This morning, as I guarded Daisy's puppy chow from Boomer, and Boomer's kibble from Daisy (anyone who owns Labs knows they have voracious appetites), it came to me: We four now comprise a "woof gang" (apologies to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart).

So welcome to our blog, The Woofgang. Rich and I plan to write about the joys and challenges of having two great dogs in our lives, and to post everyday pictures of our "four pack." But there's always room for more. Join our Woofgang by sending us your thoughts and photos. We'll look forward to connecting with you in the days to come!

With woofs and wags,
Rich, Jane, Boomer and Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment

KitchenAid

KitchenAid
"Daisy, are they clean yet?"

Happiness Is . . .

Happiness Is . . .
a warm puppy named Daisy!